[Asterisk-biz] Replacing Mitel SX-200 Digital Hybrid with Asterisk

smbPBX smbpbx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:22:11 MST 2005

Tom:

Thanks. I was afraid of a reply like yours.
How do hotels feel about a PC-screen based switchborads like IPSwitchboard
or Flash Opeartor Panel? Is it to much of a change to get used to or too
much of loss of functionality? IPSwitchborad also claims to a "hotel"
billing as part of it.

No, the customer does not know that yet (becuse I didn't know) but will soon
will.

Regards,
smbPBX

On 10/14/05, Tom Rymes <trymes at rymesheating.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that you could use a Snom or Cisco set with a sidecar on it.
> However, most people seem to say that the biggest problem with hotels
> is the interface to their billing software, which is difficult at
> best to make fly with asterisk at this point.
>
> Does the customer know that it will not be a simple "hook the cable
> up to the billing server and go" setup with asterisk?
>
> Tom
>
> On Oct 14, 2005, at 6:01 PM, smbPBX wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > As many of you mayknow, majority of small hotels (200 rooms) use
> > Mitel PBXs.
> > We have a situation where a customer wants to replace their current
> > SX-200 Digital Hybrid PBX with Asterisk.
> > As far as the PBX features and functionality are concerned,
> > everything is OK. The rub is that their current "swithcboard" is a
> > Mitel Superconsole and it is digital; which won't work in Asterisk
> > environment.
> >
> > Do any of you have experience with such hotel situations (which I
> > suspect are typical) in replacing the Superconsole with an
> > alternative switchboard? Any recommendations?
> >
> > Thanks very much...
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > smbPBX