[Asterisk-biz] End User Instruction Manual Problems

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Sat Oct 15 05:48:27 MST 2005

Does anyone know of a user manual geared to the Cisco 7960g phones?

Currently I have AMP installed and while writing the user guide, I found
several inconsistencies between AMP / Asterisk and the 7960 functions.

First there is the transfer.  Both the pound key (#) as well as the phones
BlndXfr key work well for blind transfers.  I have not noticed an AMP /
Asterisk hotkey for attended transfer and to do this with a 7960 you must
press More key on the phone then the Transfer key.

If multiple appearances are programmed into the phone, I can't seem to
conference between these two active appearances.

Next there is call forward, both on the phone and in AMP.  If the *72 is
used with a dual server registered phone it will still receive calls from
the backup proxy, whereas the phone CFwdAll will avoid that.

So what I need is a guide geared toward the end user avoiding
inconsistencies like the ones above - since I'm sure there are more.

Yes, I understand I can stop the *72 in code.  But this just highlights my
need for a tested and proven manual.

Anyone know of any free or inexpensive ones?

Thanks
Paul Norris
paul at siliconvp.com