[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Oct 10 23:32:47 MST 2005

On 10/11/05 14:15 trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com said the following:
> On a side note but vaguely related to this (licensing in general) does
> digium charge EU patrons for the g.729 codec?  I understand that digium
> is in the US and that it can cause them problems if they dont charge,

there may be a technical issue with that given that the codecs downloaded
from digium's site would need to check for the licensing information for
the codec. doing what you require would need two versions of the codec, and
digium may have a problem in ensuring that folk from the US do not download
the version without the check.

however, i believe that folk here have made the intel implementation of
g.729a to work with asterisk, and you could use that where software patents
or the g.729 license is not required.[1]

[1] i wouldnt think it would stay this way for long, the way software
patent recognition is being grandfathered in by way of free trade agreements.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/