[Asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Joshua Colp - Asterlink joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Oct 9 12:11:27 MST 2005

My name is Joshua Colp, or file on IRC, I am part of the OpenPBX project -
but don't judge me as the enemy because of that. I have already talked with
Mark, Russell, and others about my stand on both OpenPBX and Asterisk. I
still treat them as friends even during these rocky times. I'm not going to
abandon Asterisk, stuff I create that has a chance of getting into Asterisk
- I am going to put on the bug tracker. I am not going to let all of this
effect my standing in the community.

Why am I playing both sides? OpenPBX gives me the chance to try great new
things and use existing well designed stuff to do it. There's no
re-inventing the wheel over and over. My ideas aren't ignored, and I have my
own branch that I can play with and let others help with. When something is
good, merge it into trunk. I still want Asterisk to blossom despite this,
that's why I still work on Asterisk things like messaging. Bug fixes and
tiny features that I come across? I will not hoard them, they will go on the
bug tracker.

Yes I respect Mark for what he has done, and just because I'm part of
OpenPBX does not mean I'm going to change my point of view. Don't judge me
just because of my source code. I don't judge you that way.

Joshua Colp