[Asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Oct 9 11:46:06 MST 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 20:17, Reid Forrest wrote:
> [...]

In what way is OpenPBX working against Digium? A fair percentage of the new
code in OpenPBX has either previously not been accepted by Digium or has not
been "disclaimed" by the owners of that code for one reason or another.
Putting these patches together in one place, using a new name (As per Mark's
wishes) and continuing development in a direction that Digium currently isn't
heading all do not harm Digium in any way. What these things DO create though
is an alternative PBX which natively supports Digium hardware as well as
providing features to end users that Digium is either unwilling or unable to
provide in Asterisk.

Hmmmm... Another piece of software that works with Digium's hardware but
doesn't require any of Digium's resources to maintain, with the added
advantage of having more features than the software that Digium already gives
away for free as a loss leader to sell their hardware... Can someone please
explain how this "works against Digium"??

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/