[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Oct 8 14:56:15 MST 2005

Dinesh Nair wrote:

> in this instance, it definitely would be safer for the freebsd folk to
> use chan_woomera to provide h.323 functionality on asterisk as this is a
> legal quagmire an open source project (freebsd in this case) cant get
> mired in.

I have already responded to most of this in my last post, but I will add
one more point: we could certainly add a clause to the LICENSE file that
gave distributions the right to make non-substantial modifications to
the source code for compatibility/etc. without losing the ability to use
the trademark. This would not allow (for example) bundling in major
changes such as 'bristuff', but would allow for file locations to be
changed, permissions modification, that sort of thing, designed for
compatibility with the platform it's being built for.

Would that alleviate your concerns? If so, I'll run it past the relevant
people at Digium (and our legal counsel), so it would probably not be
something we could do until after Astricon next week, but I'd be happy
to do it.