[Asterisk-biz] PRI Prices

Brent Franks brentasterisk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:43:41 MST 2005

Hello,

I recently begun researching PRI prices to expand the capacity into our PBX
(located in Northern Virginia). I received a quote from our ILEC, that seems
a bit outrageous to me.

Here is what was sent to me:

2 Year Contract

Recurring Charges (Monthly)
Base PRI Price: $493.73/mo
CallerID (Name+Num) for 23 Channels: $140.00/mo
20 DID's: $20.25/mo with $725.00 setup fee

Local Calling, .096 cents on each call (no per minute)
Long Distance, 5.3 cents per minute (billed in 60 second increments)

Total Monthly: 653.98

First issue, is the fact that CallerID is extra. I thought this was one of
the reasons to go with a PRI, was it was included. I've never heard of PRI's
w/o CID.

Second, the first quote she sent did not have the DID's. I told her that we
needed to use this for incoming calls. Are DID's different then incoming
numbers? I didn't think so, but she acted like it was.

Does this price seem on the high side? Northern VA seems to be a realtively
high competition area, hwoever I have found that a PRI can only be ordered
from the ILEC?

Our desired setup was to have a PRI (For Inbound, with 3 or 4 numbers) and
maintain 4 or 5 analog lines for outgoing (with unlimited LD).

Telco pricing is very confusing, and seems like its not very small/medium
size business friendly.

Thanks in advance to any pointers anyone can provide!

- brent