[Asterisk-biz] Clustering Solutions for Asterisk

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:21:00 MST 2005

 We've done active/passive installs and they do work quite well with the use
of Linux Heartbeat or a similar technology and scripting to make sure that
data is getting synched between both servers.

Both Asterisk would be able to use that same circuit if you put that circuit
on a telephony appliance similar to redfone.com <http://redfone.com> that
you can find more info about on voipsupply.com <http://voipsupply.com>. That
would put your circuit onto TDMoE and then when you failover, you need only
make sure that the device knows to start sending TDMoE data to the secondary
server and redfone does know how to handle a setup like this.

One drawback is redfone claims to presently only support T1 and it would
appear you need E1. You can ask them if they plan on supporting E1. If not,
you can likely replicate what they're doing with a solid state asterisk
device using an E1 card. (eg. a Soekris Net4801 box with a Sangoma A101u in
it)