[Asterisk-biz] Clustering Solutions for Asterisk

asterisk at sipspain.com asterisk at sipspain.com
Sun Oct 2 04:04:47 MST 2005

Has anyone real experiences with clustering for Asterisk ?

I already did some googling, and also look at wi-ki for solutions for High
Avaiability, but I did not find enough info to aply a solution for my
customer.

He wants a cluster, and if possible, to have their staff load balanced to
two asterisk. When one of them crash or does not works correctly, the
other one should make his job on a transparent work to the users...

So, I prefer an active-active cluster, but if that is impossible to cover,
it is Ok to have an active-passive cluster.

It would be nice if also it could cover the following

- Customer has only on PRI (E1) line... Is there any way for both asterisk
to use the same circuit ?

Also, for small installations (to 8 extensions) I would need a solution
for the main operator phone to remain active if Asterisk goes down. I
mind, if PBX does not work, the external line should at least get
connected dirctly to the phone and allow them to receive calls until
situation is solved. Any idea on this ?