[Asterisk-biz] US e911 reminder

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 30 16:17:50 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 16:44 -0600, asterisk_help at iwishi.nu wrote:

> Would your take on the FCC order prevent me from connecting new local
> users to my services.  I have e911 in the TwinCities area now. Just not
> roaming outside our area.

My take on it (and you should read it for yourself) is that if you can
provide it in a certain geographic area you can advertise and continue
to sell in that area.

Specifically from
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Public_Notices/DA-05-2945A1.html:
Although we do not require providers that have not achieved
full 911 compliance by November 28, 2005, to discontinue the
provision of interconnected VoIP service to any existing
customers, we do expect that such providers will discontinue
marketing VoIP service, and accepting new customers for their
service, in all areas where they are not transmitting 911 calls
to the appropriate PSAP in full compliance with the Commission's
rules.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378