[Asterisk-biz] US e911 reminder

asterisk_help at iwishi.nu asterisk_help at iwishi.nu
Wed Nov 30 15:44:44 MST 2005

Re: .nu domain
The email address is simply for mailing list subscriptions.

We're located in Minnesota.

I think we were the first public internet ITSP with e911 in the state.
When the Minnesota PUC held an informational meeting regarding VoIP, I sat
at the table with Vonage, Qwest, At&t. Each of these providers took the
attitude that we're not required and its problematic. They didn't want to
consider a less than perfect service, so they refused to work on the
problem. I was proud to stand up and expain we did it. It was quite a
laugh when the commission asked why this guy Eric with two additional
employees has a solution, but Minnesotas largest local phone company and
Minnesotas largest long distance provider, and Minnnesotas largest VoIP
provider didn't have a plan in place yet or even started working on the
issue.

Anyhow, I slipped and need to get a letter going.

Would your take on the FCC order prevent me from connecting new local
users to my services.  I have e911 in the TwinCities area now. Just not
roaming outside our area.