[Asterisk-biz] global numbering plans

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 27 02:35:15 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 23:30 -0500, Script Head wrote:
> This is in fact a very nice list. It does require better formating
> though as there are many inconsistencies. For one, records with
> prefixes like these 433173306(3306XX) are not going to load in the
> database correctly. Also, all the US prefixes have 1 in front of them
> while all internatinal ones do not. I'd add 011 there for consistency.
> Also It'd be nice to split it in the following format:

The US countrycode is 1, so it has a prefix of the countrycode just like
every other country has.  There is no need to add 011 which would
actually be the wrong thing to do becuase outside of NANPA 011 may not
be used for international dialing.  Adding 011 to everything that isnt
in NANPA would make it inconsistent becuase anyone outside of north
america will have an issue with the list.  The way it is its consistent
and leaves international dialing prefixes upto the end user.

As for the parantheses I am aware of that although I havent had time to
deal with it yet.  I also have a bunch of other updates to add to the
list.

> prefix,country,city,state/province,carrier

That is a potential problem because not every number is geographic,
non-grographic numbers (toll frees, premium, mobiles, etc) in many
countries dont have a city, state/province associated to it.  Tollfrees
and premium in north america dont even though their mobiles do.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378