[Asterisk-biz] NEEDED: LNP data over IP

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Sat Nov 26 13:03:50 MST 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, 411XML Richard Weerts wrote:

> Alex, thanks for the response but WOW $500/month just for the gateway
> fee?
It'll cost you more monthly just to deal with SS7 connectivity, so, it's
what a market can bear. ;)

> We provide and purchase different XML directory query services, none of
> which carry any gateway fee, and rarely an annual license.  I can
> understand if this is a minimum (i.e. including 50,000 queries); XML
> over IP/web services are typically nominal startup + $minimum per month
> including queries, like a cell phone plan.
That's fine. We'll do 0$ mrc, 50000 queries minimum/month. I just don't
want to spend manpower to support 50$/month customer.

> Do you have customers for this now, and do you offer other query
> services on this basis or is this a suggestion to offer this?  Your
> primary business is in connectivity/hosting?
We are in many niche businesses :) We don't have customers for this
specific thing, but we do have presence in many carrier hotels so we can
(and do) interconnect with various SS7 providers, so incremental cost to
us would be to write a TCAP-to-XML gateway thingy for LNP requests.

-alex