[Asterisk-biz] NEEDED: LNP data over IP

411XML Richard Weerts asterisk at ndis.us
Sat Nov 26 12:25:35 MST 2005

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:54:17 -0500 (EST)
> From: alex at pilosoft.com
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-biz] NEEDED: LNP data over IP
> To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
> 	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
>
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, 411XML Richard Weerts wrote:
>
>> We are looking for access to LNP data over IP.  There appear to be many
>> SS7 access systems but we live on the IP side of the world.
>>
>> Our requirements are to be able to send query with NPA-NXX-YYYY and
>> receive back the actual LRN (local routing number) if the number has
>> been ported. At a minimum, the 1000 block it is ported to.
>>
>> OCN or carrier information in the response would also be helpful but not
>> a requirement.
>>
>> SIP-like query service over UDP or TCP/IP socket is acceptable, XML SOAP
>> or HTTP preferred.
> 500$/month plus 1c/query. XML SOAP interface.
>
> -alex

Alex, thanks for the response but WOW $500/month just for the gateway fee?

We provide and purchase different XML directory query services, none of
which carry any gateway fee, and rarely an annual license.   I can
understand if this is a minimum (i.e. including 50,000 queries); XML over
IP/web services are typically nominal startup + $minimum per month
including queries, like a cell phone plan.

Do you have customers for this now, and do you offer other query services
on this basis or is this a suggestion to offer this?   Your primary
business is in connectivity/hosting?

--
Richard Weerts
National Directory Information Services, LLC
rweerts at 411xml.com
http://411xml.com/