[Asterisk-biz] global numbering plans

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Nov 26 06:22:36 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 15:13 +0200, Christopher Bergström wrote:
> I'd treat it like a wiki system and be sure to use a db that supports
> transactions ;)  Anyhow, it would be a trust based system and if it
> became a problem of someone messing it up a lot.. I'd simply pull it..

Technically its trust based right now, you trust that I created that
list without fubaring it (I know its not accurate and complete I will be
up front with that, although I am trying for accuracy).  A distributed
trust model is however better because then you have more people to look
at it and such, that is generally a good thing.

A wiki system might work better, be easier for everyone to deal with it.
As for the fubars I think accidental ones are far more likely than
intentional ones.  Especially with a list that large.

I checked and numberingplans.com does not have an TOS for their website,
they claim copyright but you cant copyright public info in the US
anyway, where I am (case law in the US was over phone books why the
phonebook on CD companies deal with that by the file format not the data
itself), since this is in effect a list of public info simmilar to the
case law, I dont think there would be aproblem.  Additionally that list
has more info than numberingplans.com does now.  I offered my additions
to their list, however I havent yet gotten a reply.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378