[Asterisk-biz] Philippine's NTC issues new guidelines for VoIP providers

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Fri Nov 25 01:32:51 MST 2005

Are wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I totally agree. It prevent technology from spreading to the masses
> and keep citizens starving for broader communications services.
>
> I do think we have to look at it from a positive point of view. Last
> month it was totally illegal. Now by putting up $ 184,671 and put 50%
> in a bond you can start a VOIP business. Not a lot of money in the
> telecoms industry.

Not exactly, it has been legal since August when it was declared a VAS.
But they had a funny definition of VAS though. If applied to everything
else, people would have to ask their telco for permission to send emails
and chat.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.