[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-biz] VoIPJet Support Contact -Wehave US unrestricted termination for .095

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Nov 23 10:59:36 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com a écrit :

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
>

>>>That ain't got anything to do about the word of mouth. Once you put all
>>>the facts together: "John" not having a last name, (nor, in fact, his
>>>real name is John), the fact that they do not allow calls from Canada
>>>to Canada, and forbid the clients to say that they buy voice services
>>>

>>>from them - you'll understand the way they operate. (Hint: it has
>>

>>>everything to do with access fee avoidance by treating call as
>>>international).
>>>

>>So it's actually /cheaper/ to phone the US from outside? Wow, that's
>>kind of spooky - I didn't know that.
>>

>google for 'lawsuit sbc at&t mci canada access fee'.

Wow, this is actually really messed up. I thought (wrongly) that the
American market was very competitive and transparent, but it turns out
that it's pretty much the same ballgame as anywhere else :)

The telco 'connection charge' business is so screwed. They have been
inventing scarcity by using the monopoly they have on their network for
years and now that the internet short-circuits it all (and they are the
first to use it), they are screwed.

Thanks for the info - it was an interesting read.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.