[Asterisk-biz] Billing software

VOIP Paal kleiva2a at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:03:00 MST 2005

We are a small Mini VOIP provider in Europe. We only have 28 customers.

This discussion is very strange. We have "Thameem Ansari" demanding to run
Billing Software on MySQL 3. I did not even know anybody is  using MySQL 3
anymore. We are in 2005. What happend to evolution. He know want to build it
in Java him self. Good luck! Maybee he learn how to upgrade his servers
first.

We have people like "Operations Jabeens" that want it all Open Source and
FREE. He is clearly not able to do it him self but is complaining that he
may have to pay a consultant.

Alex don't want to use Asterisk for VOIP or calling card. He it claming
Asterisk is not up to it. So what is he doing on the Asterisk Biz list. Is
he a spy?

We used to have our own billing solution. It was working ok but took to much
time to maintain. Now we are using http://astbill.com It is working exelent.
We where able to install it our self but we choose to pay a very minimal
amount to the developers to ensure we got it right. I also have spoken to 4
other smaal providers using AstBill. It works for them. One of them have
12000 calling card customers another one have 6000 VOIP customers.

So if your think Asterisk can't do callining card. You are not up to date!
Get REAL.

If you can't pay a minimal fee to get a billing system for your business
running. Get another business.

Mark Spencer and Digium have given us Asterisk as a gift. Many peoole are
earning money on it Open Source is a fantastic but please understand that
Open Source is not FREE. If you can't do it your self You pay.

PAAL