[Asterisk-biz] Billing software

Jon Carnes jonc at ftnc.net
Tue Nov 22 20:39:35 MST 2005

I see this on the list *all* the time. It seems funny to me since it has
been so easy to write our own. We had functional billing within a week
of our start-up. Now we just devote a day each month to adding
functionality. We've almost run out of new whistles and bells to tack
onto it.

I use some home-grown Python apps on the CDR info and link that with a
data base of our users, and that generates everything we need (to bill
for calls). The app puts each clients call records in a human readable
format - like a standard phone bill - up on a secure website and then
sends out an email with a link to the site.

The only hard part is the human task of maintaining the client database.

My suggestion to you folks is to hire a novice Python programmer (or an
intern) and have them crank out some Billing apps that are specific to
your business and pricing plans.

Now the real challenge (that we just finished after much sweat and beer)
is a reporting app for ACD Queue Stats.

Jon Carnes
CTO FeatureTel