[Asterisk-biz] Please Help - I need to protocol covert H323 to SIP - Asterisk on a SUN 450

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Tue Nov 22 14:59:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Ted Gibson wrote:

> I can't get more than 20 chs before the server crashes with I protocol
> covert from H323 to SIP.
This is really for -users list. You need to identify what h323 driver you
are using (oh323, h323, ooh323, I bet there are more, each broken in a
uniquely different way), versions of openh323 libraries, etc.

> I use Voice Masters and Nextone switches but I have route with 500 chs
> and I'm paying by the minute to get the H323 converted to SIP. I was
> thinking of putting Asterisk on a SUN 450 with 4 cpus and 4 gig of
> memory.
Word from the wise: SUN hardware is junk as far as CPU power per dollar.
This ain't 1995 anymore.  Give it up and buy yourself some dual xeons.

> To try and get hundred channels to work. All I what the Asterisk to do
> is protocol conversion H323 to SIP the G729 pass thru is OK Has anyone
> put asterisk on sun 450, if so how much you charge me.
You should be able to get hundred concurrent channels. It is more about
call attempts/second.

-alex