[Asterisk-biz] DS3000P - 16 E1 capacity on single card (Are we there yet or temp solution)

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Nov 22 12:25:44 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 20:32 +0200, Christopher Bergström wrote:
>   I'll be honest that I haven't researched if there is a date for when
> the DS3000P will be available.. In the mean time I'm looking for
> immediate solutions that _sorta_ compares..
>
> We're looking for the most cost effective way to get ~600 worth of
> channels or higher doing a direct interconnect and in one server..

sangnoma has a ds3 card, unknown if its supported in asterisk (I dont
think so) digium is alledgly coming out with a ds3 card, afaik its not
yet available.

I would think the line cost would be cheaper on a ds3 than 16 e1s.  I
know for the equivalent T1s (28) that comprise a DS3 in north america it
is cheaper (a ds3 generally costs about the same as 12 T1s in america so
its like getting 16 free).  Of course YMMV on the cost depending on the
carrier.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378