[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk / Linux / Networking Workers Needed

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 20 12:00:26 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 13:49 -0500, Paul wrote:
> >No seriously Lets see if we can create a list of hot spots for VoIP
> >perhaps?  People that really want telephone service and/or voip
> >specifically in different parts of the world.
> >
> >Perhaps that would at least give people areas to focus on :)
> >

> That list would be especially good if it indicated whether or not voip
> is legal in those countries.

I think that would be a fine list, others have requested that a wiki
page be put up explaining the legal status only of various countries.
The problem is that some people confuse lack of enforcement with legal
(ie india for the most part - although international became legal last
week or so).

I think that could be a useful list, even its its not better than your
average wikipedia page[1], it would still be somewhat helpful to
identify 1. capacity - is there internet even in the country?  2.
whether or not its legal and 3. whether or not there is a reasonable
demand in that country. 4. is the demand largely residential or business
based

[1] based on the experiment done where blatently false info was posted
to wikipedia on consecutive days to see how long it took to get spotted
and it did not for quite a while.
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378