[Asterisk-biz] DIDX SERVICE

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Sun Nov 20 06:28:39 MST 2005

Hello Bret,
Thank You for pointing these 2 excellent problems that may happen in the  did
world, and this is what we have done to encounter them.

Q1. DID Vendor may double sell did.
Answer: In didx this is not possible at least we try to enconter it by making the
vendor point the did to didx. Then we test the did before we make it available for
sale. Then before we sell it , we test it again.

Then if at any point the did stops working, the tester software marks it as non
working, and if it does not work for 3 days, the supplier does not get paid and the
person buying it gets a refund. THis process is automated.

Q2. what if didx went under?
Ans: I hope that does not happen, our company has been in business since 1999
and made didx for our own use, and till we are in business there is no reason to
close it, having that said, if we did close shop, I gurantee that we will link the
supplier and customer directly together.

Q3. What if the supplier went under?

That is not what you asked but so far we have had 3 suppliers who realized that they
did not know what didx was all about and descided that they did not wanted to work
with didx any more, this was a great problem we faced and we in good faith gave
the customer the suppliers information so they can deal directly.

The biggest problem we have at this time, is explaining to people what didx is all
about, we are not vonage, we do not have a gazillion dollars, we are very small
company which is getting too much attention.

Also we are getting people compare us to suppliers like level3 but they forget that
dealing with level3 requires 35000$ a month minimum billing.

We are always open to constructive critisizim, and if any one wishes to do that, like
Bret did here, I can only apreciate it, however we will no longer reply to any bashing.

On  one more note, that i was raised and bread in Pakistan, and English is not my
mother tounge though it is Pakistans official language,  therefore some times my
words may reflect another meaning.

Our CEO however is 100% American Born and Bread and was an english teacher
for 14 years of her life, so I from time to time envolve her on here, but she does not
have time all the time to correct my words or mails.

Rehan

> I see an additional problem or two.  Because your purchase agreement is
> with DIDx, the underlying carrier may double sell more eaisly than if it
> was with the carrier directly (although some carriers have double sold
> the same DIDs directly before).
>
> You do not have access to the underlying carrier directly which means
> that you do not have as good of an ability to tell if the carrier is
> about to fold.  While you cant always tell if the carrier is in
> financial trouble, you have slightly more ability to ask around and see
> if anyone has noticed any warning signs.
>
> By adding yet another layer into the mix, what happens to your DID
> should DIDx go under?  From a carrier point of view I would want to know
> that I am getting something that wont go away because the auction house
> does.
>
> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
> US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
> FreeWorldDialup: 635378
> http://www.sacaug.org/ Sacramento Asterisk Users Group

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.supertec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, TODAY!
http://www.VirtualPhoneLine.com - Get A US, UK, EU Number, Forward it to
PSTN, SIP or IAX2 number, or Asterisk  Superb Web Controls.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.
http://www.MySuperPhone.com - The NEXT Generation of Telephone.
Http://www.ip-pabx.com - Ip Centrex System, with global service.
Http://www.superPBX.net - One World, One Number, One Pabx, Physical.