[Asterisk-biz] DIDX SERVICE

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Nov 19 15:01:48 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 16:37 -0500, stotaro wrote:
> The problem with a service such as this is that DIDx is reselling or renting
> other people's DIDs.  They cannot guarantee any service levels.  Maybe this
> is OK for testing or personal use but I would not feel comfortable
> publishing or relying on this or any other pure VoIP DID service unless real
> TDM lines are outside of your budget.

I see an additional problem or two.  Because your purchase agreement is
with DIDx, the underlying carrier may double sell more eaisly than if it
was with the carrier directly (although some carriers have double sold
the same DIDs directly before).

You do not have access to the underlying carrier directly which means
that you do not have as good of an ability to tell if the carrier is
about to fold.  While you cant always tell if the carrier is in
financial trouble, you have slightly more ability to ask around and see
if anyone has noticed any warning signs.

By adding yet another layer into the mix, what happens to your DID
should DIDx go under?  From a carrier point of view I would want to know
that I am getting something that wont go away because the auction house
does.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378