[Asterisk-biz] Tomtelecom

janvb at caselaboratories.com janvb at caselaboratories.com
Sun Nov 20 04:56:14 MST 2005

hi

>As for what you can try to do to get your money back, if the provider is
>unable to provide the service for which you contracted, and you paid by
>credit card (or debit card in most instances), and you are within your
>window of dispute (normally 60 days but may vary) you can attempt to
>initiate a chargeback.  Basically you call your bank, explain that you
>didnt get what you paid for, and try to get your money back.

The challenge with this is that both VISA and MasterCard have a policy
that if you paid volentary the transaction is legal. Meaning that it is
a contractual despute that needs to be solved which they will ask you to
sort out yourself.

What I in person would consider is freud charges. (1) Evaluate if it can
be classified as freud, and (2) contact the provider and confront him
with a threat of putting in charges for freud unless you get your money
back. If he don't file charhes at the local police office.

Jan