[Asterisk-biz] Who uses only VOIP for their business?

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Nov 17 06:30:52 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 November 2005 19:23, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> > With all due respect - I heard good things about y'all and wish you
> > the best, but "Live support during business hours" is not good enough,
> > by far.
>
> Bull.  Call Bell Canada's 611 service sometime and tell them your line's
> not working.  You'll get someone out there in the morning, or if it's a
> weekend, on a Monday.
a) at least you can talk to someone who will troubleshoot the problem. It
is quite possible that the truck roll is not required to solve the
problem. Fair comparison would be if you called 611 and they said "sorry,
call tomorrow".

b) if you have a PRI, yes, they would come out *immediately*. Mean Time To
Repair on that is 4 hours.

> Funnily enough, I get better service out of data carriers than voice
> carriers.  Of course, you can probably buy 24/7 voice support service
> from Bell, but you'd die from sticker shock.  :-)
Just buy a PRI

-alex.