[Asterisk-biz] RFQ: USA IAX Services, focused on support

jonc jonc at ftnc.net
Tue Nov 8 11:31:10 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 12:08, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Bill Michaelson wrote:
> > I second your endorsement of Speakeasy.  I've had minor complaints about
> > them, but overall I rate them as better than all other ISP's I've dealt
> > with. Their tech support is the best I've ever experienced.
>
> My only real experience with Speakeasy is when a client got a DSL line
> from them in Houston, and all their traffic was backhauled via ATM through
> Seattle for some odd reason.. so there was like 60ms (IIRC) latency to the
> first hop.  :)
>
> They fixed it eventually (I think it took them about 6 months), but it was
> quite annoying.. not to mention entertaining!

Speakeasy's HQ is in Seattle. They grow "organically" so it is not
unusual for them to open a market by back-hauling it to their local
backbone until the build the local infrastructure for that market.

This must have been awhile back, since I'm sure they have local installs
near Houston that are closer than Seattle.

I've setup a lot of client networks around America and I have to say
that Speakeasy.net has always been consistently good when I've used them
for clients.

Jon Carnes