[Asterisk-biz] Re: Best stable asterisk release for SOHO for 35 users

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Tue Nov 1 18:56:10 MST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Kevin Hanson wrote:

> <snip>
>
>> You do not deal with A at H limitations, but rather the AMP system.
>> I do not
>> find AMP limiting, and if you look at the configuration files
>> there is a way
>> to override every customization installed by AMP.
>
> There are two things that I cannot find a way to customize via the
> xxxx_custom.conf files:
>
> 1.  Inbound routing based on analog trunk:  If I want to route
> calls coming in on zap/1 differently than zap/2 I have to modify
> extensions.conf directly (fake AMP out into thinking DID is
> available).

A google search for "AMP Custom Incoming" turns up this post I made
to the Asterisk-users list a while back about just this:

<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-June/114246.html>

read the whole thread, b/c I corrected an error or two in my original
post. HTH

> 2.  Override extensions dial plan:  If I want to change the
> behavior of calls to an extension, I have to edit extensions.conf
> (or extensions_additional.conf) directly.  Because asterisk sorts
> extensions in a context *before* it sorts included contexts,
> overrides in extensions_custom.conf have no affect.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Maybe someone can help out.

Tom