[Asterisk-biz] Re: Best stable asterisk release for SOHO for 35 users

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Tue Nov 1 10:26:46 MST 2005

FYI,

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 10:54 -0600, Kevin Hanson wrote:
> There are two things that I cannot find a way to customize via the
> xxxx_custom.conf files:
>
> 1.  Inbound routing based on analog trunk:  If I want to route calls
> coming in on zap/1 differently than zap/2 I have to modify
> extensions.conf directly (fake AMP out into thinking DID is available).

You can change the context= for your fxo channels in zapata.conf so they
use a context that you have defined in extensions_custom.conf (ie:
change "context=from-pstn" to "context=from-zap1").

> 2.  Override extensions dial plan:  If I want to change the behavior of
> calls to an extension, I have to edit extensions.conf (or
> extensions_additional.conf) directly.  Because asterisk sorts extensions
> in a context *before* it sorts included contexts, overrides in
> extensions_custom.conf have no affect.

True.  AMP >= 1.10.009 has begun moving user dial settings to ASTDB.  A
goal of this is to allow highly customizable dialling behaviour per
extension.  There is still work to be done in this area.

Incidentally, any changes a user makes to their ASTDB entries will be
applied in real-time (without the need for * RealTime/extconfig).

Regards,
Ryan