[Asterisk-biz] Best stable asterisk release for SOHO for 35 users

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Tue Nov 1 09:01:14 MST 2005

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Tom Rymes wrote:
>

>>What problems? Which version? It works very, very well for me.
>

> As long as you need to do things the way that A at H has decided is the
> "correct" way to do things. If you need to step outside of the basic
> parameters for which it was originally intended and do any minute amount
> of customization, the chore becomes ominous. The name of the product is
> "Asterisk At Home" not, "Asterisk At A Small Business".

As has been mentioned previously on this list, AMP has customization
points that provide advanced users the ability to enhance their systems.
   You really are laying it on a bit thick saying that "any minute
amount" of customization is "omninous". I'm not sure what your
motivation is to spread this FUD but your statement is patently false.

> Just as Digium about the nightmares they have in their support desk
> because of A at H.

If Digium's support desk has nightmares because of A at H then I'd
respectfully submit that the reason for that is that Digium's support
organization is trying to maintain a moribund paradigm and that
consumers of Asterisk (especially SMBs) want an implementation with a
standardized feature set and administrative GUI.

To be fair, Asterisk is a telephony toolkit and Digium's support
organization faces many challenges in supporting everything from
embedded to carrier-grade deployments. My hat's off to them in this respect.

Regards,

Jason