[Asterisk-biz] IP to Location for 911 Support

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Sat May 21 14:51:49 MST 2005

You are far better off playing a prompt saying "Press one if you in North
America" and them timing out by calling the 911 centre.

As I'm sure you know, IPs are not physical and thus aren't restricted to a
geographical region. An IP-to-country lookup can work many times, but not in
a critical system like this.

-Michael