[Asterisk-biz] The FCC VoIP 911 oreder is official.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 19 11:10:31 MST 2005

Robert Wolpov wrote:
> $Millions will be made by attorneys debating that question.

I doubt that... the order announcement seems pretty clear, although we
haven't seen the actual order yet.

I'd say that if you are providing VOIP services that are specifically
intended to provide access to the PSTN, and you allow outbound calling
using a "normal" dialing pattern (not a calling card) from a typical
desk set of any type, then you are 'interconnected' and the order will
apply to you. But IANAL, of course :-)