[Asterisk-biz] 911 update

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Fri May 13 17:34:38 MST 2005

Places controlled by backwards thinking people do silly things like try to
stop technology (I'm living in Guatemala). But A: If they just block ports,
it doesn't do much. B: If they scan for SIP/RTP, then move to IAX as it'll
be much harder to capture that traffic.

The real threat would be when the ISPs do stuff like add jitter, but there
are ways to compensate for that too (like send each packet twice and have a
jitter buffer).

-Michael