[Asterisk-biz] Re: 911 Thread

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun May 8 16:13:09 MST 2005

I for one think it's stupid that the VoIP providers I use from the USA
will provide me with access to their 911 service.

How will this ever benefit me?

The FCC needs to remember that not all VoIP customers are based in the USA.

Or maybe it's just that they'd like to see the VoIP termination taken
offshore where foreigners won't need to pay stupid taxes.

Do you think the FCC will allow VoIP providers to give foreigners
cheaper rates (obviously without E911 services)?

I guess there are so many people in the USA that they don't need any
business from the rest of the world.  Oh no wait, wasn't there something
about a deficit?

:)

--
Cheers,