[Asterisk-biz] Re: 911 Thread

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:08:26 MST 2005

Frankly, it only takes for *one* smart carrier to interconnect to
> all PSAPs and provide service to the wholesale industry at reasonable cost
> - and you have the solution. I'm positive it isn't rocket science for
> someone like L3 who are in all the LATAs and already have interconnects to
> the ilec tandems (which in all the crappy latas are usually the same as
> selective router tandems. in larger latas, it really isn't a big deal to
> do get another cama trunk). Then, you pay intrado to upload your ps/ali,
> and presto, I-2 solution, here you go.

I agree.   I don't think the whole 911 issue will turn out to be as
bad as many seem to think.   Initially 911 services might be more
expensive to deploy until the 911 solution market gets a bit more
competitive, which it will.  Even then the smaller guys will just
resell for companies that can afford it.   But isn't that what they do
now anways?

Chris