[Asterisk-biz] Vonage bows to 911 pressure

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri May 6 03:49:30 MST 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Mojo Jojo wrote:

> Geesh, thanks.. I guess I should just go put a bullet in my head..

That depends on your business plan, or lack of one, as well as how you go
to market and what your capitalization is. Either you will have the money
to step up to the plate and fight to survive, or you'll be bought (or
squeezed) out of the market.

VoIP is similar to the Dial Up market in many ways, except that the
barrier to entry is a little higher, and the responsibility to the
end-user is much greater. As a VoIP provider you are going to have to
answer to the FCC, as it appears the Telco lobbyists are winning the
battles.

As someone that has been in the ISP business for 10 years, and seen the
change from an immature to boom to mature market, I sit back and look
at VoIP and see many of the same patterns emerging.

                             KP-216-121-ST