[Asterisk-biz] Vonage bows to 911 pressure

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:28:10 MST 2005

On 5/5/05, alex at pilosoft.com <alex at pilosoft.com> wrote:
> In order to deliver calls to selective router, you should first inquire
> with whoever provides you with the origination service. *they* certainly
> have LATA presence and can deliver the calls to it. Now, your carrier may
> or may not provide this service, but its not rocket science, and if push
> comes to shove, everyone obviously will do this.

Personally I think the major resellers such as Level3 will see this as
a revenue maker and offer it as a value added service.  They are
looking for every way they can to squeeze revenue out of their
operations.

I also think most people forget that for most business applicatons,
the additional cost of E911 isn't going to make a dent in anything.
So you pay an extra $3 a month per line/channel/DID/whatever.  If you
are pushing a lot of call volume, that extra cost is miniscule.