[Asterisk-biz] Looking for SS7 design input

Race Vanderdecken asteriskbiz at codetyrant.com
Thu Mar 31 11:47:49 MST 2005

Thank you William,

I am looking at openSS7 for advice. The asterisk project there stalled a
few years ago.

I have also contacted the SS7box project and they have offered advice
and support. SS7Box has a very detailed illustration of SS7 and how it
works. They are more interested in the SS7 side of the equation and have
extensive SS7 experience. SS7box would like to see SS7 and asterisk
holding hands.

>From what I have found the ISUP and Q.931 are the pieces to concentrate
on.

Like I stated earlier this will be much easier to do with an extended
design period so please feel free to comment to the list or directly to
me.

Please remember that while VoIP direct to PSTN interfaces are becoming
more common in the US, E1 & C7 is very popular in Europe.

And yes, there are commercial products you can buy from Cisco and
Tekelec that might make more economic sense, but innovation does not
come from complacency. Besides it might be cool in a geek way.

Race "the Tyrant" Vanderdecken