[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Mar 30 12:32:38 MST 2005

Obviously VOIP companies don't control the routes between them and their
customers, but when I say "quality and reliability" I mean no random
busy signals, ring back that actually works, CID that actually works,
incoming calls don't get "dead air", new orders they claim to be
completed in 14days are actually done in 14 days not 35, and emails to
support actually get a reply.

Is that too much to ask for?

The whole reason I want to use VOIP is I don't have the volume to
justify $800CDN/month (not including the $1000 setup) for a PRI circuit
yet. At 5cents/min I could buy 16,000 minutes/month from a VOIP company
before a PRI would be worth while. This is the huge advantage VOIP
companies have, even if they charged the SAME per minute rate as a
regular telco, people would still be saving a pretty decent amount.

It seems to me that people are ASKING to throw money at a company
willing to step up to the plate. It blows my mind that they are turning
it down.