[Asterisk-biz] credit card payment

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Mar 30 11:55:31 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Rusty Shackleford wrote:
>

>>You should explore PayPal. Their merchant offerings are much better than
>>even 12 months ago. For example, they no longer require credit card
>>users (your customers) to register and set up a PayPal account. Other
>>improvements have been made to their API that have eliminated most of
>>the annoying issues that many on-line merchants have had with PayPal.
>
> Why don't you stop being a lemonade stand operation and get a real
> merchant account?
>
> Why would a customer trust you when you only accept paypal payments? Its
> instant sign of "hello, I am very small and I can't even afford to bother
> setting up a merchant account".
>

> -alex

Alex,

	What's wrong with being small?  I think a lot of companies have much
more growth potential when they can fess up that they are, in fact, a
1,2,3,10 person operation.  I hate going to websites that are all done
up in flash, make claims about their support staff, etc. when it is in
fact only one guy that made a fancy website and nothing more.  Content,
please!

	Last time I checked, soemthing like %50 (or more) of the businesses in
the US were "small".  We can't all be Fortune 500 :).

--
Kristian Kielhofner