[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Wed Mar 30 07:12:05 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com said:
> Actually, *that* part is not wrong. You are buying wholesale service -
> you shouldn't really expect handholding similar to one that Vonage (say)
> provides (or should provide anyway) to a grandma with a SIP adapter.

(full-on rant follows)
Vonage **handholding**? You've GOT to be kidding. It's been a year since
I've used them, but here's what I remember:

- If you call after 8am, you'll be put on hold for 20 minutes, then
transferred to voicemail. Your call will NOT be returned.

- If you happened to be using "Business Features" like a hunt group, well
that's on a new server and well, sorry, but that server doesn't work so
well. Yes, they know you're paying more for business account and yes, they
know that it's less reliable than the consumer accounts. Sorry.

- They won't answer ANY tech questions until you answer -- for the 10th
time -- "What router, ISP, etc, etc, etc are you using?" Of course,
despite having a "business account" they really aren't sure what to do
because "Cisco 3620" isn't on their list of support routers.

(Breathing Deeply)
-glenn