[Asterisk-biz] Open source billing poll

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Wed Mar 30 07:03:17 MST 2005

Moody said:
> While not familiar with the previous thread (that I can remember...) I
> would suggest that a page from the very successful osCommerce project might
> be a good solution.
>
> http://www.oscommerce.com/

I've used oscommerce and like it. However, I want to point out that their
last release was "osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003)" -- almost
*2* years ago. A mature product? Yes. Abandoned? I don't know.  There are
at least two prjects that have forked off of oscommerce and seem to be
under active development. But, I'm wondering what the current state of
oscommerce is.

That issue aside, oscommerce is designed for "catalog" shopping with
images of the products, prodcut catagories, shipping options, etc. It
could be adapted for ITSP use, but it wouldn't be an ideal out-of-the-box
solution.

Just my $0.02.

cheers,
glenn