[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Wed Mar 30 06:56:03 MST 2005

Robert Goodyear said:
> I need to vent a little bit here,

Amen! I just posted the message from VoicePulse to the list.

I actually noticed the price increase on the VP Connect web site on
Monday. My email to VP support about the increase went unanswered.

I'll also note for the record that VP has _completely_ignored_ several
_dozen_ emails asking having more than four incoming calls at once on
their service.

It's unfortunate becuase VP /was/ one of the better ITSP's I've used.

I've just cancelled my DIDs. To add insult to injury, I noticed this
message on their web site:

"NOTICE: Monday March 28 5:00PM EST We are aware of an issue that may be
affecting inbound and outbound calling for some customers. We apologize
for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue as soon as
possible."

So, while busy raising DID rates by 37.5%, they also note that their
service really isn't so good.

Here's my current short list of good ITSPs: Teliax (Local, Toll Free
Origination), VoipJet (Termination)

-glenn