[Asterisk-biz] AreskiCC - Scaling experiences

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:30:29 MST 2005

Hello there

I was wondering if the members of the list would be kind enough to
post a few sentences regarding their experiences with AreskiCC.  I am
interested in how well you feel it scales to a larger card base.

I intended to load my test platform up with 20,000 users, to see how
it would handle.  The following are my observations:

1) editing the code so that it produces "reasonable" sized batches
fails.  I changed it to 10,000 on the first try and got a fatel error,
as somthing timed out after 30 seconds in the PHP

2) I reduced this to 2000, which on the first batch it worked, on the
second it created 536 cards, the 3rd 289 cards and now generates
aproximatly 200 cards each time the submit button is created.

3) After about 3,500 cards on the system several of the pages do not
apear (notably - list customers, billing - wheres the money)

No delays apear on the "IVR" when at these levels.

My questions are:

1) are the figures above a true limit, or is down to hardware or
settings in the php.
2) does anyone have a testing system that runs to around 20,000 and
have you experienced these issues
3) is there any advice on what spec the hardware needs to be to allow
it to run at those specs.
4) One major issue (for me) is this 30 second time out on generating a
large number of cards.  Is there a way to generate cards in huge
numbers, prehaps by not performing it via a web page, or by increasing
the time out variable.

My interests in this software do not come from a commericial
requirement.  I work for a national childrens charity, who have
vollenteers staffing accomodation sites.  We are looking for a cost
efficent way of allowing those vollenteers to make personal calls in a
regulated manner.  These calls are provided at no cost to the
volenteer, but we have to account them and ensure fair useage of the
budget allocated.

Areski seems a great solution, and I'm hoping that some comes back
with at least hope that it scales!

Kind regards
David Walsh