[Asterisk-biz] Upgrade problems with Cisco 7960G

Grégoire Boutonnet contact at gregoireboutonnet.com
Wed Mar 16 05:06:48 MST 2005

Hi,

You might find here :
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/Cisco/79xx/
a good solution to solve the problem. (by John Todd)
In my experience you have to upgrade sccp firmware to a version not too
old (sorry, i don't remember which one exactly, i think it's 4 and
later) and then flash the sip firmware, but not too recent ( ! )
The Cisco's guide is very optimistic : you can't actually upgrade the
universal boot loader to the latest sip firmware, as i said you have to
upgrade sccp before that.

Good luck,

Grégoire.

Btw, you might get more answers on the asterisk users list...