[Asterisk-biz] Upgrade problems with Cisco 7960G

Subhi S Hashwa lists at subhi.com
Wed Mar 16 01:46:51 MST 2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 6:03:37 AM, Preston Garrison wrote:

> Hey anyone have any luck with upgrading call manager 7960s to SIP
> image?  I placed the proper files on my TFTP server, and here is what i
> see in the TFTP logs...

*snipped*

> OS79XX.TXT contains P003-07-2-00 .. yet it doesn't try and fetch the
> image.  Anyone have any idea why?

I was told by friends who had more dealings than me with the 7940/60
that you may have to go through an interm/older release that will allow you
to get it to upgrade to the latest firmware.

Meanwhile for info on creating SEPDefaults.cnf file check http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Configuring+Cisco+12SP+phones+with+Asterisk

Good luck

--
Best regards,
 Subhi S Hashwa                            mailto:lists at subhi.com
 When everything is heading your way, you're in the wrong lane.