[Asterisk-biz] international voip rate question

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:43:10 MST 2005

I've noticed that in many cases, calling cards and dial around is
still cheaper than what is being offered via voip for international
calls.  Is this merely a matter of not being enough call volume for
the voip providers to cut better deals?

As an example, I can get to all of Russia for under $.05 per minute
with dial around or calling card.  All of the voip providers I have
seen are at least double that.  It's been a couple of years since I've
paid what voip providers are currently charging.

Chris