[Asterisk-biz] OEM DIGIUM Quad T1 Card Clone ?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Jun 29 18:11:03 MST 2005

Joshua Colp wrote:

>In the beginning Digium used open source hardware, that was the original
>quad card. The Varion cards use the same design that Digium used for theirs.
>So they should be the same.

Originally Digium used the Zapata Telephony design, but now Digium has
their own design using far superior T-1 Framer Chipset, which will
dramatically lower the host CPU load to process calls.

Now with the second generation of Digium's design starting to get up to
speed, even less CPU is utilized.

I would stick with Digium over Varion, any day.

Jeremy McNamara