[Asterisk-biz] Porting Fees

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Wed Jun 29 13:42:01 MST 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 16:19, Matt wrote:
> I just wondered what the going rate was.... one of the CLECs we are
> looking to do business with wanted to charge us $2.00 a month PER
> ported number!  They claimed this was standard!   While we are on the
> subject.. what is the standard rate per month for DID blocks?  They
> are offering $13.00 one time fee for 20 numbers... bad/good?

I think you'll find that they all do the standard thing, even if they are the
only one using the standard. : )

To begin with they are getting you as a customer. Do they want you or not?
Tell them you'll pay a $25 porting fee (if you want to), but nothing per
month. My experience is that any porting fee covers as many numbers as you
have. E.g. one or 24. If you have a business with any kind of volume they can
fight to get your business, not the other way around.

Of course that's only me, I believe the paying party should receive service
for their money.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin