[Asterisk-biz] Livevoip down for the count

Matt Clauson mec at dotorg.org
Sun Jun 26 08:11:03 MST 2005

On Sunday 26 June 2005 08:55, Herman Webley wrote:
> Livevoip has filed for bankruptcy and is now closed. I guess the
> charade couldn't last forever. Its funny that even their email
> announcement on this action seemed unprofessional and filled with
> spelling and grammatical errors.

You kinda noticed that too, huh?  Their quality of actual VOIP service
was OK, but their customer service sucked.  When they did the 800#
shift a while ago due to "a provider that couldn't handle the volume"
and "didn't own the numbers assigned" they refused to even try and
port.  I ended up having to eat printing costs for printed materials,
rather than waste my time trying to fight it out with them.

Glad I only lost about $100 with these people.  Wonder if it'll be worth
my time to file as a creditor?

--mec